Prof. (Dr.) Vijay Khare
Dean; Faculty of Humanities
Head & Professor, Department of Defence& Strategic Studies
Director, International Centre
Director, Yashwantrao Chavan National Center
of International Security and Defence Analysis (YC-NISDA)
Director, Dr. Ambedkar Studies
Savitribai Phule Pune University
Email Id.:email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mob. No.: +91 9423210314
Prof. (Dr.) Vijay Khare is the Dean, Faculty of Humanities, Savitribai Phule Pune University, SPPU (formerly University of Pune). Prof.(Dr.) Vijay Khare is also the Director of the International Centre, SPPU. As the Director of the International Centre, he provides excellent leadership to all international engagements. He is a Professor and the Head of the Department of Defence & Strategic Studies, SPPU. Dr. Khare is the Director of the Yashwantrao Chavan National Center of International Security and Defence Analysis (YC-NISDA), SPPU. In addition, he is serving a Director, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Studies Centre sponsored by the University Grants Commission (UGC). Dr. Khare is the Co-ordinator of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Chair, SPPU. He was awarded the Post Doctoral Fellow by UGC. He holds M.Sc. and Ph.D. from Pune University.
Dr. Khare is a recipient of the prestigious Fulbright Fellowship, USA, awarded in 2017. Dr. Khare was awarded Erasmus Fellow by the European Commission in 2015. Dr. Khare’s areas of expertise are national security, no-traditional security, terrorism and counter-terrorism, peace and conflict resolution and human rights.
Dr. Khare holds a number of Administrative and Governance positions. He was a member of the Working Group on Higher Education Planning Commission for framing the 12th five year plan on higher education, Government of India. He is also a life member for various professional organizations in India. He is the Chief Editor for the International Journal for Social Sciences and Global Security. A number of books have been published to his credit and research projects completed.
INTERNATIONAL VISITS/ FELLOWSHIP/ AWARDS:
1. Selected for the 2017 Fulbright –Nehru International Education Administrators Seminar (IEAS) in the US by the United-States India Educational Foundation .
2. Invited as a resource person at the “Academy Leadership Academy” June 22 to 27, 2014 Center for the Study of Higher Education 406 Rackley Building Penn State University, University Park, USA.
3. Invited as a Selection Committee Member EXPERT-SUSTAIN Kick-Off cum Consortium Meeting and International Conference on Higher Education, November 3 to 8, 2014 at Kasetsart University, Thailand.
4. Invited as a Selection Committee Member of “1st Cohort Selection Meeting Universidade de Santiago de Compostela, Erasmus Mundus Lot 13 Project 2013-2540/001-001 Spain, May 8, 2014.
5. Invited to attend the “Erasmus Mundus Training Week” organized by the Erasmus Mundus Team of the University of Porto, Portugal from May 20 to 24, 2013
6. Invited to attend “Internationalization of Higher Education Week 2013” at Jonkoping University Sweden, from May 14 to 17, 2013
7. Invited as a Selection Committee Member of the EXPERTS4Asia Kick-Off Meeting and EXPERTS I,II &III Consortia Meeting at Kasetsart University, Bangkok, Thailand from October 16 to 18, 2013.
8. Invited by the British Academy to represent the Indian Council for Social Science Research and the new Indian Academy of the Humanities and Social Sciences at a conference “Emerging Powers Going Global” on October 8 and 9, 2013, British Academy London, United Kingdom
9. Invited as a Selection Committee Member EXPERTS I & II Consortia Meeting and EXPERTS III Kick off Meeting at Bogor Agricultural University (IPB) Indonesia from October 29 to November 2, 2012.
10. Selected for the United Nations Short Course on ‘Hologrammatic Terrorism’ at Rome, Italy from September 15 to 22 September 2010, conducted by the United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute, University of Rome, Italy.
11. Partial Fellowship awarded by the United Nations and the United Nations University, Tokyo (Japan) for attending International Courses on the United Nation System: Pressing Issues and Sustainable Solutions and Peace and Human Rights at (UNU-IC) UNU CENTRE, Tokyo, Japan from 11 May to 19 June, 2009.
12. Young Social Scientist award awarded for rare source material collection for the research work on 'Role of British Army for Social Mobilization and Its Impact on Indian Society and Culture”. Under this award, visited India House Record British Library, London, Centre for International Studies Cambridge University and London School of Economics, London from 14 March to 22 March 2009, the United Kingdom.
13. Social Scientist award for the research work on ' A Comparative Study of India- France Counter Terrorism Mechanism' under the Indo-French Social Scientist Exchange Programme, 2008 nominated to visit Paris (France) by the University Grants Commission, New Delhi, from October 15 to November 15, 2008.
14. Invited by Young Democratic Network for International Conference on “Youth and Democracy” and presented paper on 'Contribution of Indian Youth for Nation Building and Democracy’ organized by Young Democratic Network, held at Belgi University, Istanbul (Turkey) March 28 to 6 April 2007.
15. Invited by US State Department for ‘US Multilateral Diplomacy’ seminar visited Washington D.C., San Francisco, Sacramento, Fort Worth, and New York from May 6 to 27, 2004. Under this program, gave presentation and seminars in various Universities, Academic and Governmental Institutions in USA.
16. Presented Paper on “China and India: Divergence, Similarity and Symmetry on Security” at the “Shanghai International Conference on Social Science” , held in Shanghai, China from July 11 to 13, 2013.
17. Presented Paper on “Security of National Heritage, Old Archival Documents and Role of University Libraries” at the “International Conference on University Librarianship: An Academic Challenge & an Opportunity” organized by the University Librarians’ Association, Srilanka, held on July 14 and 15, 2010 at Colombo, Srilanka.
1. Strategic and Security Thoughts of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Scholar’s Press, Germany (ISBN: 978-3-639-70541-6) 2014 pp 175
2. Science, Technology and Justice (Ed) University of Pune Press 2013 pp 393
3. Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Ani Rashtriya Surakshya’ Sugava Publication Pune 2010
(ISBN-978-93-8066-18-6) pp 225
4. Arms Race in Globalization, Sumedh Publication Pune 2009.pp 35
5. India in Global Politics, K’Sagar Publication, Pune 2008 pp.226.
6. Challenges to India’s National Security Sumedh Publication Pune 2006 pp35
7. Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar and India’s National Security, Kilaso Books New Delhi, 2005 pp320
(ISBN-81-7908-028-5) (Won first prize of Rs 25,000/-and Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar National
Literary award by Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar International Mission CANADA 2007.)
8. Dr. Ambedkar & his Journalism, ,(Ed) Pune University Press 2006 pp.85
9. Women Waste-Pickers in Pune City, ,(Ed) Pune University Press 2007 pp.37
10. Reservation Misunderstanding and Reality, ,(Ed) Pune University Press 2008 pp.15.
11. Life and Mission of Kanshiram,(Ed) Pune University Press 2008 pp.60.
12. Reservation & Judicial System, (Ed)Pune University Press 2007 pp.35
13. Defence Studies (Ed) Nirali Prakashan Pune 2007 pp.85